http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Driving....

Ah Sunday Sweet Sunday....In our home, Sunday provides respite from playing video games, computer, television, and anything electronic. Son1's friend calls it "Amish Sunday", and though we have had this had been the rule for the last 9 or more years, every Sunday it is a whole new concept for them to grasp. "Can we play the Wii?" "No it is Sunday" "OH yeah". Our neighbors have a rule too, "no playing with your friends", and since my kids play with them all week it is is a nice break for all of us. Now on very special occasions, these rules have been bent or twisted, which makes them all feel like they are getting away with something. They also seem to think that makes for a good argument the following week "you let us watch movies last week" duh, that was the exception not the rule. This Sunday we let son1 drive us to our friends house in Middleton for an afternoon potluck. We made it in one piece, but that is not to say I didn't suck in extra amounts of oxygen while sitting in the backseat. My darling husband gave me his hand and told me I could squeeze it when I wanted him to yell at son1...It is a different perspective being in the backseat of the car, or in this case suburban, we always looked too close to the center and felt like we were going WAY to fast. I am not a good back seat rider, never have been, more than likely never will be. I wasn't the mom who crawled into the backseat to sit with the kids when they were babies and I don't like being relegated to the back seat while son1 is learning to drive, however when I consider the alternative--the front seat next to him--I realize just maybe the back seat is not so bad. I think that the motor vehicle department should hand out prescriptions for valium and a box of clairol hair dye, when they give a child a learners permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment