http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Lucy

Welcome Back Lucy! We have missed you.... NOT!!
When my darling daughter gets over tired we all suffer. Her head starts to spin in one direction, her eyes twirl in another direction and her voice raises 100 Octaves, feet stomp the floor and doors ultimately get slammed!! and more than once I have heard "I hate you, you are ruining my life" Which usually initiates the response "your 10 and you don't have a life" Yup she is back..it has been a while since we have seen her, but Lucy is alive and well and has taken up residence in our home again.
It all started Monday night when after 2 donughts she thought she should also be allowed ice cream, you would have thought the world was coming to an end (at least maybe her world anyway). Since she couldn't have ice cream she decided she wouldn't take a shower, unless of course we would give her the ice cream and then she would be happy to comply. Like the United States, we don't negotiate with terrorists! then the problem became the wind blowing against her bedroom window and she couldn't sleep. She wanted to lay in our bed to go to sleep. Ordinarily this is not a problem but Monday night Son3 and his friend were watching a movie in my room making sleep almost impossible. She stood on the stairs providing "I am waiting" commentary. After she was ignored for an extended period of time she went back to her room.
Yesterday "Lucy" arrived home from school and wanted me to take her to the library, I asked her "do you think that I am going to take you anywhere after your behavior last night" for the next 15 or more minutes all I heard was "please, please, please, please" (you get the idea). I applied the ignore tactic again and decided that I should continue the ignore tactic with my eyes shut--when I got up--she had showered, done her homework and cleaned up the living room. Not another word about the library...She had also been told 7:00 was bedtime and on her own at 7pm she went to her room, now I am not sure she went to sleep but she was quiet and in her room.
I have to remember ignore equals peace! at least this time around!!

No comments:

Post a Comment