http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...at least that is what I have deluded myself into thinking.
When son1 was born I realized that Jim would not care for our children the same way that I did, but if I ever wanted a break from them I would just have to let him do it his way. After all, he is there father so I knew he would do his best. So on several different occasions in the last 15 years of mommy-hood, I have left the children in daddy's capable hands!. So when my neighbor said she had to go to Utah to bring her daughter's stuff home from college, I invited myself along...Jim's sister lives in Utah and it was the perfect excuse for a visit. On Friday afternoon we packed up the truck with our stuff, and the empty boxes and headed to Utah. Road trips these days take on a whole a different meaning!! Leaving behind 4 kids and a husband..okay so I did leave meatballs in the crock pot and a pan of brownies on the stove. Did I mention their was a soccer tournament this weekend? 2 games on Saturday, 1 on Sunday, and a possible playoff game at the end of Sunday, did I mention it was 40 degrees and pouring rain in Idaho on Saturday? All I can say is my husband is the GREATEST! so now he is enjoying Pizza with Amelia and her soccer team 14 girls between 10 and 11 years old. They won the Saturday morning game, they tied the Saturday afternoon game, they tied the Sunday morning game and the won the playoff game in the afternoon on Sunday....and by the way the weather Sunday was sunny and warmer with no rain!!
I spent the weekend with my sister in law, brother in law, nephew and his girlfriend. Saturday morning we went shopping (the grocery variety) they have a store called Sunflowers (that I love), owned by the same people that started wild oats, we did a COSTCO run, got haircuts (I will mention here that not one of my family has noticed the cut!), threw in some left over pizza for lunch, and went to the gym.
So now I am a rested and refreshed mommy with a new hair cut and ready to start a new week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment