http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Friday, September 3, 2010

MOM! I ate cat food all for a starburst and a soda...


I read too much news, murders, kidnappings, car accidents but I think the articles that make me the saddest are the ones where someone has harmed an innocent child, or lost there child due to unsafe or unsanitary living conditions. Son1 and Son 3 wore pull-ups to bed until they were 6 because they wet the bed. I am a particularly lazy at 2 in the morning and getting up to change sheets was not on my agenda and believe it or not my "mostly agreeable husband" didn't want to do it either... so pull-ups it was. My feeling on the issue was if the kid wasn't going to wake up when he fell out of bed and hit the floor his little tiny bladder screaming "I have to pee" most certainly wasn't going to wake him either!! Anyway, many mornings the pull-ups would have leaked which would require all the bedding and pajamas to be washed and the room aired out. It always upset me to think about the kids out there who had the same issues, but would go home that night and get into those same stinky pee soaked jammies and climbed into the same icky smelly bed. I still have these thoughts but now they are more along the lines of my kids don't know how lucky they are to not have to know such things from experience...

So Johnny, who lives across the street and is Nick's partner in crime, called tonight to see if Nick wanted to have a movie night at his house, the plan was set. Of course the plan changed when both Johnny and Nick decided before the movie the must play Wii outdoor adventure at our house. We finally shove them out the door, movie in hand ahhh silence.... They were gone a good 1/2 hour and the phone rings....
"Mom"
"Yes, Nick"
"Mom I made this bet with Dennis that if I ate cat food with beef and gravy he would give me a candy bar and a soda"
"Oh Nick No are you doing it?"
"Yes, it is pretty good"
"AAUGH Nick seriously that is so gross! EWWWW I can't believe you are doing that" and then the kid starts reading me the label "but mom it's good for me, it makes my coat shiney"....All I can say is "THAT KID!" so I hung up the phone and told Jim "Nick and Dennis can't play together anymore, they get into more trouble..(Have you seen the shave me bald pictures from this summer? yeah you guessed it Dennis and Nick--and did I mention that Dennis is the adult supervision??))
So after a bit I called the house to see what really happened...Apparently Nick couldn't decide if he was a monkey or a cat...so Dennis told him to eat a banana and that would probably tell...he said "no I like bananas that wouldn't be a good test" "well then maybe you should try cat food" and yup it was game on... So when it was all over...Nick says to Johnny "aren't I brave?" Uh-yeah I am sure that was the first word that came to my mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment