http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Monday, August 30, 2010

A village of Thank you's!






Today's post is brought to you by all the random thoughts swirling around in my head the last 24 hours. Son1 began his sophmore year of high school today--He was only 2nd grade when son3 was born--son3 started 2nd grade a couple of weeks ago, and in a few very short weeks Son3 will be the same age our daughter was when we packed up and moved to Idaho 3 years ago. I don't know why I thought of all of this last night, but I did and it has made me feel kind of funny.
Son2 is starting 7th grade today, and I would like to Thank Mrs. Crowley, Mrs. Hoots (even though she ditched us and moved to Las Vegas), Mrs. Torres, who saw what she had to work with and encouraged his outside of the box thinking, Mr. Miklich for designing an Individualized Learning Plan for each 3rd grader in his class and helping us get Son2 tested for GT, Mr Rogers for goat head picking at 7am on a Sunday, for tolerating the 1 student in 4th grade who had to spend the day at school in his pj's (people still get a look of horror when I tell that story) thank you Love and Logic, Mr. Yates, Mrs. Vincent, the school counsellors, the office secretary's who more than once had son2 in the office conference room giving his opinion on things he overheard, Ms. Sterling (or Mr. Ling as son2 thought) for identifying a speech problem, Ms. Moore for being more strong willed and stubborn than the student. KSD for busing him to and from the middle school for math, Mrs. S for being patient, and for Mr. Hopkins for telling me "he thinks so far out of the box he is going to make millions" I am holding you to that! They say it takes a village to raise a child, well he is only 12 and I already feel like our village is pretty big--I wonder how big it will be when I post Son2 has graduated from High school??

No comments:

Post a Comment