http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Friday, September 10, 2010

THE LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS HURT YOU. BUT IT IS STILL ON THE LIST!!


Pretty much sums up the most ridiculous part of my day!
Today was payday, not that that means much it comes in, it goes out..anyway the children were starting to get these possessed by the devil looks around breakfast everyday for the past several days, since we have been without cereal and they have had to eat things like waffles and oatmeal. Really we had cereal just nothing that they liked. Deciding to get an early start to the day I laid out my mental plan of where I had to go, what time each place opened and what I needed to get. First stop was a place called Food 2 Store, they sell containers for storing food and already packaged food to put in your storage area. Apparently they don't open until 10am--seriously..oh well there loss on to Kohls...new shoes for me. The arches on my feet have been really sore after my daily 6 mile jaunts around the track. Success! In and out--love that kind of shopping--I also scored the Deceptively Delicious Cookbook by Jessica Seinfeld for $5.00. Onto my next stop-Costco, always a stressful adventure so many choices, -- I called a friend to meet me there it is always fun to shop in pairs. Another successful mission. Now here is where things start to go downhill...as I am loading my groceries into the car I notice I have a flat tire. My first thought cannot actually be published in good conscience so onto the 2nd thought "this couldn't have happened at a better place, service bay diagonal from car. I re-enter Costco and approach the counter.
"Hi I have a flat tire out in the parking lot can you fix it?"
"Are they COSTCO Tires?"
"ummm NO.."
"Then all we can do is put on your spare so you can drive somewhere else to get it fixed. We don't work on any tires but the ones we sell, it is company policy"
"okay so you want me to wait in your first come first serve que (which I am okay with I don't expect special treatment-today anyway) to put on the spare and then drive somewhere else to wait in there first come first serve que to have them actually fix it?"
"Sorry that is all we can do"
"Never mind I will figure it out on my own."
I return to my car and called my wonderful husband. I need to point out at this point my husband puts up with so much crap from me I am surprised he even answers his cell phone when he sees it is me calling. So without so much as raising my voice-no seriously I didn't rant, rave or even yell--I said "I am at COSTCO, I have a flat tire, COSTCO won't fix it because I don't own COSTCO tires, you need to fix this for me now or I am going to have a breakdown in the parking lot" I am pretty sure I heard him choke back a laugh, but I ignored it because I didn't really want to know if he was laughing at me or the situation because I am pretty sure that knowing would have started me ranting and raving like a lunatic, I know this surprises you!. "I think we have towing on our car insurance (technically called roadside assistance) I will call you back" Now I am absolutely NOT a patient person, I know hard to believe right!? What seemed like hours, which was really more like less than 10 minutes, he called me back and said "tow truck is on the way I gave him your cell phone he will call you to find you in the parking lot" This incredibly nice man put my car on the flat bed trailer and I climbed into the cab of the tow truck, it was at this point that every crime show I have ever seen came flooding to the forefront of my mind, pushing those thoughts aside I managed to ride and converse with this man the 5ish miles to the tire place. I made it to Bruneel's tire Factory alive, I wasn't chopped to bits, kidnapped or any of the other horrible thoughts racing through my head, what a great day!! They fixed my tire for free even though I had not purchased my tires there.
After all that, I walked out of the house tonight and lo and behold my tire is flat..I suspect I have a bigger problem than just a nail in my tire.. So if I have to buy a new tire, it WON'T be from COSTCO and wherever I end up buying it from, I will ask them to send COSTCO a thank-you for sending us your business card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment