http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/124/asInline.html

Voting

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Vacation--Colorado or Bust-- 2011

When you saying "Driving Family Vacations" people cringe and I have to admit I cringe.  16 hours in the car with my 16, 13, 12 and 8 year old-doesn't  sound fun.  I do always prepare for the worst--someone is GOING to puke it happens every time the 6 of us go on a road trip, thankfully we have moved passed the part of the trip where someone has a blowout diapers!!.  Our first stop on the first day was a Walmart, as I see my oldest son approaching me looking very pale with bloodshot eyes he says "Can you get the dramimine and tylenol please?  You bet!! and then dosed them all just for grins.  I already had wipes, paper towels and a bucket just in case.  So far no puke, well  in the car anyway, there was a small incident at the hotel but it was small and contained!!.... It has been decided that the 13 year old does not ride well, he gets to be downright irritating..I think the answer is bungy cords and duck tape..our answer to him, for every question, was 6..6 miles, 6 minutes, 6 days, 6 hours.  Z says by the end of this trip they are going to be curled up in the fetal position terrified of the number 6. 

Humor from various days on the road.

As seen on the rear window of the SUV we passed on the hiway somewhere in Idaho...
"Dear Dave Tell ur girlfriend ur wife and kids say hi, I cleaned out the bank ur broke. Nicki and kids"

Road signs seen on hiway somewhere along the way:
"Drowsy drivers cause crashes"
"Drowsy drivers next mile"
"Drowsy drivers pull over if necessary"
   Who spent time identifying these Drowsy Drivers and if the drivers are drowsy would they really even see these signs??

At a truckstop somewhere in Wyoming the handicapped man who thanked me "for raising my daughter right" apparently she waited and held the door open for him and he was grateful.

Question from the younger teen child "Do they have urinals in the ladies bathroom?"  Are you seriously asking me that question?  Fast forward to check in at the hotel.  Family bathroom as I am walking in, I see the urinal-yup you guessed I backed out and rechecked the sign on the door--so I guess in some cases the answer to that question is "Depends".

Listening to Nick tell a story in the car, he ends with "and so on and  so forth.." 

My biggest traveling wish "Can we please just get in the car without fighting over who needs to move where and just sit down, if you are in first you are in the back"  Someday I am going to drive off and leave them all arguing in the parking lot on who should get in first.

2 comments:

  1. http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/250287_2100550077905_1370027757_4472466_5351376_n.jpg

    this the SUV?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I just saw the photo of the SUV at the hotel where the Mrs. must have wrote the 'love' note. Just when he thought he was getting away with it!

    ReplyDelete